Thursday, December 31, 2020

 December 5, 2020

My junior high consisted of 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. When I was in 9th grade I was a cheerleader. It was a ton of fun. I was the kid who would cheer to the very end no matter how far behind we were.
That year in PE we were playing basket ball. I was an OK player and enjoy the sport. Like I said in my last post I was a tomboy and liked all sports.
Anyway one day the ball was coming down and I had my hands up to catch it when the ball hit the tip of my middle finger on my left hand and snapped the knuckle. It happened so fast it didn't even hurt; but, it was definitely broke. I wobbled my finger back and forth as I showed my teacher it was broke.
So I spent the rest of basketball season cheering my team along with a nice middle finger cast. Needless to say I got a lot of ribbing about that. Once again I was grateful for doctors who could fix my finger and help me mend.
On a side note. I had been trying to learn how to play the piano for over a year by this point. Breaking my left hand and then my left finger within that time frame sure put a damper on learning how to play.
Sierra Langford, Kathy Ruppert Locken and 25 others
3 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment