Thursday, December 31, 2020

 November 22, 2020

I've been thinking all day about what I wanted to say about my dearest friend. I met
Helen Bean
over thirty years ago when our two sons became best friends. Little did I know how close we would become over the years. I served with Helen in many different capacities over the years. In Church we worked in the Young Women's program several different times. I remember spending a week with her at Girls Camp as we ran the mess tent for our ward of nearly 50 girls and leaders. We worked hard and enjoyed many long talks at night as we shared a tent.
I probably worked with Helen the longest in a national organization called American Mothers. Helen was asked to preside over the reorganization of the Oregon Chapter of the organization by Barbara Smith, a former general Relief Society President. She recruited Bonny Watson, Carol Hawkins, Charlotte Laughlin, and me to help her get it off the ground. American Mothers is best known for selecting The Mother of the Year. We served in that organization for many years on both the state level and on the national level. In 2005 Helen was not only chosen as the Oregon Mother of the Year; but went on to become the National Mother of the Year as well. It was a very well deserved honor. She represented mothers well as she spoke in many states and even abroad in Germany and Switzerland.
Helen has been the best example I could ever ask for. She taught me so many things from being a good mom to serving others to being kind to everyone to being the most Christlike person I have ever known. Well, her husband,
James Bean
also exemplifies those same Christlike qualities.
Helen Bean
I am so grateful for your love and friendship. I will miss you until we meet again in our Heavenly Home. Goodbye my Sweet Sister. #givethanks
Image may contain: Helen Bean, closeup
Sara Wilcox, Larry Locken and 105 others
15 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment