Thursday, December 31, 2020

 November 9, 2019

I have been thinking a great deal lately about my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have been reflecting on everything He has done for me and each and every one of us. 

There is a beautiful little song our young children sing called, "I'm trying to be like Jesus." I think us older folks should sing it too. I have been thinking about all His attributes and how I can develop those in my life. Some of those attributes are: Charity and Love, Virtue, Knowledge, Patience, Humility, Diligence, Obedience, and several others. I know I struggle with some of these; but, I am working on them. For one thing, I want to show more Charity and Love to my fellow man. I am still working on Patience and Humility too. 

What I've been thinking about most is what the Atonement of Jesus Christ means to me. First of all, He gave us such a wonderful example of how to treat others. He was always thinking of the one and healing them and blessing them. I need to look outside myself more. 

But then He took upon Himself all my sins and everyone else's sins too. And not just our sins by our infirmities, our pains, our heartbreaks, our disappointments, our trials, and our troubles. He did it so He could comfort us and help us get through our trials as we lay them at His feet. He did it because He loves us so much. He suffered for us so we wouldn't have to suffer ourselves. I can't comprehend that.

That wasn't all. After He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane He was arrested, ridiculed, beaten, spit upon, stripped of His clothing, and condemned to die. He wasn't even guilty of anything. And His death was horrific and cruel. They drove huge nails or spikes into His hands and feet and nailed Him to a cross. They pierced His side with a spear. He hung their in agony until His heart burst and He died. But before He died, He asked His Father in Heaven to "forgive them for they know not what they do."

Oh, how I love my Savior and Redeemer. I love Him for what He did for me and for who He is, the Son of God. I love Him because through all of that horrible experience He rose again from the grave and is a Resurrected and immortal perfect being. And because He did that He provided a way for EVERYONE to also be resurrected and immortal. He provided a way for us to live with Him again! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ.💖

No comments:

Post a Comment