Thursday, December 31, 2020

 November 6, 2017

On Sunday, Sister Roses had us do a great activity in Relief Society that caused me to think and ponder a lot. She passed out Conference editions of the Ensign. She said it didn't matter what Conference edition it was, just that it was General Conference. She shared a scripture found in D&C 68:4 "And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation." She then had us find a phrase or quote that reached out and touched us. If possible find a picture that might go with it or describe what a picture might look like so we could create our own inspirational quote picture. We then shared what we came up with. It was very inspiring to hear and see what touched each of the sisters. As they shared, I too, was touched by their choices. It was so very uplifting.
I chose a quote from Elder Richard J. Maynes from his talk in October 2017 Priesthood session called Earning the Trust of the Lord and Your Family. His opening statement said, "Brethren, perhaps there is no greater compliment we could receive from the Lord than to know He trusts us to be worthy priesthood holders and great husbands and fathers." I zeroed in on "...there is no greater compliment we could receive from the Lord than to know He trusts us to be worthy..." I want to be that kind of daughter to my Heavenly Father. I want to be worthy enough that He will trust me to follow His promptings to do His will and to help His children. I want to be worthy enough that He will trust me to rescue someone in need.
I found a picture to go with the quote I chose and made my own inspirational picture to remind me want I need to strive for.
No photo description available.
Marva Mathews Bentley, Pamela Watkins Gustin and 12 others
2 Comments
1 Share
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment