Thursday, December 31, 2020

 December 10, 2020

I love family history! I can get lost in it for hours. I wanted to share a little about my grand parents on my dad's side.
Grandma Anna Maria Klimisch was born in Germany in 1871. She immigrated to the United States at 4 years of age and eventually ended up in Yankton, South Dakota. She married at age 25 and had seven children by the time she was 36. Then her husband died in 1909 while they were living in Dimock, South Dakota.
Grandpa Nicholas "Nick" Locken was born in Iowa in 1874. He moved to South Dakota when he was 5. He married at age 23 and had 5 children by the time he was 37. Then his wife died 1914 while they were living in Dimock, South Dakota.
The story I was told growing up was one day Grandma Anna was riding in a run-away horse and buggy when Grandpa Nick rescued her. They fell in love and were married on July 18, 1916. Together they had two more children. My dad was the baby of 14 children.
I met them once when I just a little baby. I don't remember anything. Grandpa Nick died in November of 1962 at the age of 88. Five months later Grandma Anna died in May 1963 at the age of 92.
I know I have a picture somewhere in all the boxes I am sorting and scanning. When I find it I will add it to this post. I'm attaching a picture of my Dad and Mom. I am so grateful for my ancestors!
Image may contain: 2 people, including Larry Locken
Steve Wilcox, Kris Locken and 29 others
10 Comments
1 Share
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment