Thursday, December 31, 2020

 November 24, 2020

I LOVE the Temple! I am so grateful for all that takes place within the walls of those beautiful edifices. Over 48 years ago I was sealed to my beloved husband for time and all eternity. We had the opportunity to experience the difference between a civil marriage and a Temple sealing. When we got married I had only been a member of the Church for three months and was unable to qualify to attend the Temple at that time. One year after are civil marriage we attended the Los Angeles Temple and were sealed together for time and all Eternity. That has become the rock of our relationship and the Temple has been an important part of our life ever since.
A little over six years ago I finally had the opportunity to become a Temple Worker...something I had always wanted to do since the first time I entered that sacred house. It has been one of the most rewarding and sacred blessings in my life. We have been saddened by the closing of Temples due to COVID and were thrilled when we could open on a limited bases for living ordinances. Two months ago we moved to Phase 2 that allows all living Own Endowments to take place with a very small party to be in attendance with the one receiving their endowment. I have been blessed to be able to participate in that sacred ordinance. I am grateful that I will be able to help a young sister receive her endowment tonight.
I love the Spirit that is there for all to feel. I love the answers I have received when I have taken questions and problems to the Temple and prayed for guidance. I was amazed many years ago when I truly understood how the Lord is in details of our lives and cares about all aspects of our life. In my career I was a computer programmer. Most of my time was fixing problems in the various software we used in the business. This was back when I had to print out the program to be able to see the flow of the program. Many of those programs were over 1500 pages long. Trying to find the one or two lines of code that needed to be fixed was a challenge.
I learned in a miraculous way how much Heavenly Father wants to help us. I said a prayer on my way to work to help me find the problems that I knew I would be faced with that day. As I got the first bug I said another quick prayer something like, "Heavenly Father, you know where the problem is. Please show me where to look." I then felt that I should look in a particular subroutine. The errant line of code almost jumped off that page at me. I made the correction, recompiled the program, and solved the problem. I quickly said a prayer of thanks. From then on I could find problems in a matter of minutes by following that pattern. For tough problems I took them to the Temple and upon leaving the Temple the answer would present itself to me.
If the Lord cares about a bug in a program because it was important to me, He will care about any and all of our concerns no matter how big or small they may be.
I LOVE the TEMPLE!!!
Image may contain: 2 people, including Leslee Wilcox, people standing and outdoor
Kylee Wilcox, Shirleen Passey Bland and 31 others
3 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment