Friday, January 8, 2021

 Divine Nature

I believe in Divine Nature, meaning I have inherited divine qualities, which I will strive to develop. It is a gift from a loving Heavenly Father who loves me as only a parent can.

What I do with that precious gift is up to me.  I tend to struggle with a battle that rages inside me. On one side I know I have been given this great gift to help me become the best person I can be. I can recognize that I have Heavenly Parents who love me and want me to return to live with them someday. Heavenly Father has given me the gift of the Holy Ghost to be my constant companion to guide and direct me throughout my life. To help me make correct decisions and choose the right. He has given me His only Begotten Son to Atone for me and provide a way for me to be forgiven of my sins. He has given me Scriptures to help guide me and teach me about my Savior and how I should strive to be like Him. He has given me gifts and talents and help make me who I am. And He has given me one of the greatest gifts he can give...Agency so I can choose for myself what I will do and who I will be. That is the side I want to win.

On the other side I hear voices or thoughts about how I messed up and its too late now. I am told I'm not good enough. I'm told I have to do it myself, no one is there to help me. I am told I blew it so just do what feels good and enjoy. I am told it doesn't really matter because there is only this life. I am told I deserve more and others should be doing for me! I am told all sorts of LIES; but, when I am down I listen to those lies and even believe them sometimes. I don't want this side to win.

I realize I am the one who chooses which side to join. It is my choice. I have all the tools and help I need to defeat the other side. I can choose NOT to listen to the lies anymore. I have ALL the help I need to be on the winning side. The choice is up to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment