Wednesday, January 13, 2021

 January 10, 2021

Sometimes we have to do hard things. I have reflected on some of the hard things I have done in my life. I remember when I was first called to be a Seminary teacher. I was working full time and called to do a very high intensity calling of preparing and teaching a spiritual lesson to 16 youth ages 14 and 15 five days a week at 6:00 AM every weekday morning during the school year. I had to get up at 4 in the morning to get ready, drive the twenty or so minutes to the Church so I can be there at least 30 minutes before class started to prepare my room and greet my students. I had to prepare a lesson everyday and somehow get to bed by 8 so I could get enough sleep for the next day.
I won't lie. It was hard. But it was also the best calling I have ever had. And the most rewarding for me. I grew closer to the Lord so much. I had incredible students in my class; however, there were times I wondered if I was reaching any of them. I know they probably just wanted to still be in bed...but they were there. I'm sure they hoped they could just lay their heads down and sleep...but they stayed awake and participated. I love each and every one of those students for all the years I taught.
I remember one day one of my students came to me and told me that I had saved her friend. I had made a difference. I felt so good. I realized that if I could touch just one student it would all be worth it. Years later I visited that student and she told me what I had done for her. Again, I felt if she was the only one I touched it was worth it.
I recently had another experience as a read a comment by someone I know. The comment touched my heart so much that I knew if my post was only for that person it would have been worth it.
This reminds me of how the Savior went about teaching and reaching the one. I have heard it said that even if I was the only person who ever lived on planet earth, the Savior still would have come down and suffered and bled and Atoned just for me. It is all about the ONE. We are to minister to the one. All ordinances are performed for individuals and not for groups.
I love Elder Bednar's book called One by One. That is what we are to do. Serve each other One by One in anyway we can. This is how we Love One Another!
Image may contain: text that says 'A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall men know that ye are my dis- ciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34-35'
Steve Wilcox, Kylee Wilcox and 25 others
7 Comments
1 Share
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment