Friday, January 1, 2021

 December 28, 2020

It was three and a half weeks after his due date and after a VERY long 18 hours of labor pains that the doctor finally decided to deliver my first baby C-Section. Steven Douhet Wilcox was born at 10:22 on a Thursday night on December 28th, 1972. He weighed 9 lbs 11 1/2 oz and was 21 inches long. He was bald, chubby, and happy. I wasn't doing so well, but after 2 days of intensive recovery my mom finally thought I would live! We took him home about 5 days after he was born and my mom said he already looked like he was 3 months old. That was a good thing because he practically slept through the night from the day we brought him home. I needed the rest!
Douhet was such an easy baby. He rarely cried and was always happy. Because he was such a good and easy baby he has siblings!
He was the best big brother to his brother and sisters. He was kind and loving. He was a big help to me with each of the babies that came after as they were all C-Section. He would fetch diapers and whatever else I needed. He loved his baby brother and sisters. When it was time to nurse the baby he would crawl up next to me for story time.
He has grown up to be an outstanding man. He is a wonderful husband and father of 5 beautiful children. He has been very active in his children's schools serving on boards to help the students. He is a great employee to his company. He has served and worked in Church from the time he was a youth and held many different callings. He has always served to the best of his ability and magnified his calling wherever he has served.
A parent always wants their child to be better then they are. Douhet has certainly succeeded in accomplishing that. Douhet, I love you so much!!!
Sierra Langford, Shirleen Passey Bland and 67 others
21 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment