Friday, January 1, 2021

 December 16, 2020

Friends are so important. I have had many friends over the year. My best friend when I was growing up was Carole Voorhis. She lived across the street from me. We did everything together. We grew apart in high school for some reason. We reconnected years later after we were both married with kids. We picked up where we left off as kids. It was nice. She passed away many years ago from breast cancer. I was sad.
I never really had a best girl friend again until I met Helen Bean. I've already talked about the great influence she was for me.
Of course my wonderful husband is my very best friend!!!
But I want to pay tribute to other very special "best" friends. Your friends should make you want to be better than you are. They should strengthen you and uplift you. You, in turn, should do the same thing for them. This friends did that from the very first moment I met them. I wanted to be the very best person I could be around them. They made me reach for something higher in myself. I drew closer to my Heavenly Father because of them. I learned to excel in everything I did because of them. I developed Christlike attributes because of them. I wanted to be perfect because of them.
I met the first one on December 28, 1972. He made me a mother for the first time. Douhet was the perfect first child as he was so good and easy to care for. Because of him he has siblings! He is a GREAT big brother and always so willing to help.
Season came along on April 18, 1975. Although he looked just like his big brother he was much more active and sometimes even challenging. He was always trying to keep up with his brother and that sometimes caused frustration for both of us. His heart is as big as the great outdoors. He was always thinking of things he could make for his siblings. He didn't like being told what to do; but, IF it was HIS idea he would do anything for anyone else.
Finally on February 18, 1977 we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl. She was the first granddaughter born into a hoard of boys and so she because the princess in every sense of the word. Her name, MyLiege Elite even means Elite and Royal Lady. She delighted us with her acting and fun personality. She was all girl.
And Sierra rounded out our little family when she arrived on November 8, 1978. She was the smallest of the four and such a little angel. Her best trait is as a peacemaker. She never like hearing anyone argue and do whatever she could to help them stop. She didn't like to see anyone sad either. I remembered several times when she was little and I was so overwhelmed with 4 little children that sometimes I would be ready to explode she would grab my hand and lead me to the rocking chair and sit me down and climb in my lap and say, "rocky time Mama". She knew that is what I needed to calm down.
They taught me what I needed to learn to become the person I am today. They continue to teach me as adults as they raise their beautiful children. They have fulfilled the definition of a true friend to help me to strive to be a better person than I am. I am better because of them and I am better for them.
Thank you all for making me who I am.
Sierra Langford, Kylee Wilcox and 25 others
5 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment