Friday, January 1, 2021

 December 31, 2020

2021 Here I Come! First off I want to wish everyone a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year. I know a lot of us won't be sorry to see 2020 end. It has been a very trying year in many ways; however, I am grateful for all the lessons and blessings I received this year.
Yes it was filled with disappointment and pain and sorrow for many; but it also brought what is truly important to us to the forefront of our lives. We faced the real possibility of losing our home to the wild fires in Oregon and realized that what is most important is our family and friends. Many of us eliminated or at least reduced unimportant things in our life. We didn't run so much. We were able to slow down and smell the roses. We took many more walks in the beautiful neighborhood we live in. We gathered as families when we could and missed the times we couldn't. We used or learned new technology so we could stay connected to loved ones or still "go" to school or work.
We were supposed to be in New Zealand serving a mission or our Church this year, but we are on hold. We were disappointed in the delay; however, it meant we were around to help a grandson with his apartment. We were able to attend our granddaughter's wedding. We were able to take a trip to see family we have not seen in many years. We were able to be here when the Temple opened back up for limited use and be able to participate in those sacred ordinances. We have experienced so many wonderful blessings this year that may not have happened had we not experienced this monumental year.
Looking forward to 2021 has me thinking of my goals for the new year. Of course the one that is always on my list is to lose weight. lol. But more important is to become the person my Heavenly Father wants me to be. I want to submit myself to Him and be more willing to do His will for me and not necessarily what I want. I want to learn more about His Son, Jesus Christ, and how I can become more like Him. I want to love others has He loves all of us. I want to serve others as He showed us how to serve. I want to draw closer to the Lord so I can be more receptive to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and heed the impressions I receive. I want to be "a good and faithful servant." Above all I want to someday live with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again.
Image may contain: text that says 'May the faith of God be with you this year. May the peace of God surround you, and may you be blessed each day! Happy New Year'
Kathy Ruppert Locken, Carol Bavlnka Hawkins and 17 others
10 Comments
1 Share
Like
Comment
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment