Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, MyLiege Elite

I guess I shouldn't say how long ago it has been, but suffice it to say a number of years ago on this day in Ogden, Utah a beautiful dark haired baby girl was born. She was tiny and red and gorgeous with lots of black hair. I couldn't believe how black her eyes were. She looked so different from her two brothers who were born big and pink and bald.

We named her MyLiege Elite because she is an elite and royal princess. She lived up to her name. She was the little princess in our family and everyone was thrilled to finally have a little girl. She melted her dad's heart. He went from being a strict disciplinary marine to a soft teddy bear when it came to his little girl. She had her grandpa wrapped around her little finger. He would do anything for her and she would do anything for him. She first crawled and walked and even rode her bike for the first time with Grandpa.

MyLiege is a remarkable young woman. She amazes me with how accomplished she is. She writes, she acts (in her younger days), she directs (also in her younger days), she is a seamstress, a great cook, a wonderful leader, a fantastic Auntie, a creative mother and of course a very loving wife. I have been in awe of her for many years. Every parent wants their child to surpass them and MyLiege has certainly done that.

Right now she is awaiting the birth of her fourth child. She is more than ready, but still has about 4 weeks to go. As I reflect on her birth and the tremendous joy she has brought to my life I wish her a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY and know she will find as much joy in her children as I have in mine.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MYLIEGE!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such loving words, Mom. Know that whatever I am it is thanks to both you and Dad. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tribute. So nice, marmie.

    ReplyDelete