Monday, February 15, 2010

Exercise




I'm not one who likes to exercise. I have too many aches and pains and they seem to only get worse when I exercise. I'm basically a lazy person.

However, I know I need to do something; because, I'm out of control. I have several friends that belong to Curves, a fitness center designed specifically for women. I've proved I can't seem to diet and exercise on my own so I finally decided I needed to get help. There is a Curves on my way home from work so I decided to give it a try. They gave me a FREE week to try it out.
I stopped in after work last Monday. They have 16 different hydraulic pieces of equipment that work various parts of your body. I expected to really hurt on Tuesday, but it didn't happen. They place the equipment in a circle (or rectangle depending on the room) around the room and have little resting pads between each equipment. You spend a total of 30 seconds on each piece of equipment and then move to the resting pad for 30 seconds and then the next piece of equipment. You go around the room twice and then spend about 5 minutes stretching to end your 30 minute workout. It is amazing how fast it goes. They play upbeat music and have a prompt that tells you when to change stations. Each station works a different muscle or body part. Because you change so often you don't get really tired or stress any muscle. You get your heart rate up for a good cardio workout and the hydraulics give you the resistance for a good strength workout too. I actually felt rejuvinated after my workouts. I went everyday last week and decided to join the program. I'm very excited.

It is also fun. There are other ladies working out with you and the conversation is fun and entertaining. You quickly become friends. By the end of the week the regulars were greeting me by name. They have a good support system that helps keep you motivated. I may just make this work this time. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Curves IS fun, and with a membership fee you're more likely to keep going. You should see results from your workout before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Mom! Keep it up! I'm glad you found something you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for you! I've been thinking of going to the community college for an exercise class, but they don't have ballet! Maybe I'll have to go to a studio. I've always wanted to be graceful like a ballerina.

    ReplyDelete