Friday, February 19, 2010

Friends


I think I have been somewhat of a loner most of my life. As a young girl with only brothers to hang out with, I never had a best girlfriend. In junior high and high school the girls didn't like me very well because I got along with the boys better than I did the girls.

When I joined the Church I married my best friend. I was also greatful to finally have a sisterhood that I never knew as a child. I have had many good friends in the Church, but we moved around so much in our marriage that I guess I never completely bonded with anyone.

Thankfully we had family. We used to tell our kids that they were each other's best friends. They are also our best friends. I love being with my family and am so lucky and grateful that all of our children live close by so we can visit often. Now I get to be best friends with my grandchildren too.

We have been in this area longer than we have been anywhere and it is nice to have so many other friends, too. I don't get to hang with them very often, because we are all busy with our jobs and families and church and lives, but we do get together once in awhile for a movie night or game night.

I am also grateful for blogs, because through them I can bond with my family and friends. I have a wonderful friend who blogs almost daily. She is so positive and uplifting all the time. She finds joy in everything. She takes lots of great photos and posts them on her blog too. She imspires me to be better. I want to look at life the way she does. I want to see the flowers and sunshine even when things aren't going very well around me. She makes me smile. She gives me hope. She probably doesn't even realize what a great friend she is to me.

I thank my Heavenly Father for friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. I love having you for a friend, Leslee! Thank you for your kind comments here and on my blog. You are a delight to spend time with in real life as well as the cyber-world. :)

    ReplyDelete