Monday, January 27, 2014

Djeryd Teancum Hawkins

I decided a few days ago that I want to do a tribute to each of my family members around their birthdays.  I have already missed 4 so I am back tracking to catch them too.

Djeryd Teancum Hawkins was born on January 6, 2000.  We were really hoping he would be the first baby of the new millennium, but, he decided he wasn't quite ready for the new year. He said he was named Djeryd (pronounced Jared) after the father of Enoch.  The scriptures say that Jared taught Enoch "in all the ways of God".  Enoch later made his city so righteous that it couldn't not remain on this earth and was taken up to be with God.  His middle name, Teancum, comes from the Book of Mormon captain who died for his country and did all he could to rid his people of wickedness.  I think Djeryd does a good job of living up to his name.

I remember that Djeryd was not much of a cuddler when he was a baby.  It wasn't until he was almost a year old before he would really cuddle with me.  It was the night of the Holiday Singers Christmas program in December 2000.  Both of Djeryd's parents were in the choir and so Grandma got to tend the baby.  Djeryd was a little sick and wanted to be held.  He was a BIG baby and he wouldn't let me sit down.  I really loved cuddling him; however, I thought I was going to die by the end of the program.  My back hurt so bad.  After that he seemed to love to cuddle and the best part was he would let me sit down and cuddle him!

Djeryd has always been creative and has a wonderful imagination.  He loves to read and is usually in the middle of some book or series.  Many times he uses his imagination to depict stories he has read using his thousands of legos.  He has made some really incredible lego scenes.   He also likes to make movies and has "animated" his legos in the "movies".  It is so fun to see

I have watch Djeryd grow from a little boy into a fine young man.  He holds and honors his priesthood and takes his responsibilities very seriously.  He is a good example to his fellow young men as well as his siblings.  We couldn't be more pleased with how Djeryd is turning out.  We are so grateful he joined our family 14 years ago.

Djeryd, we love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment