Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Little Bit Of Heaven

Last August I was released as a Seminary teacher.  It came as a surprise and I felt lost.  I was very happy for the new teacher and felt "my kids" would be in good hands.  However, I was feeling depressed and disappointed that I was no longer going to have the opportunity to serve in that capacity.  I had already started planning the new year and was in the process of making "Gold Plates" for each of my students so they could write their own sacred works.

After I moped for a week or so I finally realized I would have time to become a Temple worker, something I have always wanted to do.  I talked with my Bishop and shortly after that I was issued a call to serve.  My shift is Tuesday evenings.  I am lucky enough to work for a company that allows me to leave early every Tuesday so I can fulfill this sacred responsibility.


I have to say "I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WORKING IN THE TEMPLE!"  I have wanted to work in the Temple since we moved here, but, there was always something that prevented me this opportunity.  I'm so glad I was finally able to receive this blessing.

Many years ago I had the opportunity to be trained in the Temple under a program called "excursion worker" that allowed Bishopric members and their wives to be trained so they could serve their ward on ward nights.  Steve was serving in the Bishopric at the time so I reaped the blessing.  I was surprised at how much I remembered from my training.  It paid off and I was able to complete my new training in record time.

I have been serving now for just over 3 months and I love every minute.  It does make for long Tuesdays, but it is so worth it.  It is especially fun to see people I know come through the Temple when I am there.  It makes me think how we will feel when we see our loved ones again in the hereafter.  

I am so grateful that I get to experience a little bit of Heaven every week.  What a blessing that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment