Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow!

It is 5:25 AM and I decided now is a good time to write my blog. Normally I would be on my way to Seminary, but just as I was walking out the door, I received a text message from one of my students telling me the School District closed school for the day. I was surprised because it is warmer than yesterday and yesterday they only had a 2 hour delay. Yesterday I was up and ready to go again when I got the text message.

I guess my timing is off because I was checking the school closures too and when I looked there was nothing about a delay or school closure. Anyway, I'm grateful my student texted me. Yesterday, Steve was going to drive me because I'm chicken. Since Seminary was cancelled we went back to bed. I worked from home yesterday (and Monday) so I was able to sleep in. It was nice.

Today; however, I'm staying up. I was actually going to drive myself because, as I said, it is warmer and the snow just looks slushy. It is even falling off my windows. I am staying up, because, I have to go in to Canby for a doctor's appointment this morning anyway so it really wouldn't pay to go back to bed. Since I've been up for an hour it would take me too long to go back to sleep before I would just have to get up again.

It has been fun to watch the snow through the window. One of my co-workers told me to enjoy the snow globe. He was right, that is exactly what it looked like yesterday. The weather was so funny. It would snow hard and blow and look just like a snow globe. Then it would slow down and turn to a rain/snow mix. It might even stop for a few minutes before it would start to snow hard again. Because of the rain/snow mix the snow never really stayed. You could tell, because when the dogs walked in the snow they left behind muddy paw prints.

I was hoping it would be a dry snow and actually accumulate a little. I wouldn't mind being stuck in a beautiful white little winter wonderland for a couple of days. The slushy stuff just looks dirty where dogs or people or cars have been. The untouched snow is still beautiful.

Well, I suppose I should take this time and figure out how I'm going to squeeze my lessons together so I still cover everything. Tomorrow is the end of term for us so I really hope we have Seminary tomorrow. Friday is a teacher work day for the school so the kids don't have school. We are down to one day this week...if we even get that.

I have to admit, it has sure been nice to be able to work from home the last couple of days. Baby, it's cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment