Thursday, March 11, 2010

Anticipating Alyx

We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of our newest grandchild. Alyxendria is due one week from today, but she may be as anxious as we are. MyLiege has been having some pretty good contractions for the last few days. They lasted several hours today before they finally slowed down.


I met the Young Women at the nursery last night for a service project of cleaning the nursery toys. One of the leaders is a new mother. Little Brooklyn is a little over three months old. I got to hold her for a while. It made me very anxious for Alyx to arrive.


Alyx will be number 16 for our little clan. I never imagined how much fun grand children could be. I think I am a much better grandma than I ever was a mother. Thank goodness we can continue to improve in our life.


I love my family!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I've often thought that I'd make a much more wise and patient parent now with all I've gained through the years. But I certainly don't have the energy level to pull it off!

    How exciting that your new family member is almost here. We await the news. :)

    ReplyDelete