Friday, March 5, 2010

1 month of Curves



Today marked my forth straight week working out at Curves. I have already felt positive results. My weight hasn't exactly gone down, but they tell me that is normal as I build muscle since muscle weighs more than fat. The two things I have noticed most is my clothes are beginning to feel more comfortable and I have more energy.

I've actually been going during lunch, because I sometimes have activities after work and I don't want to cut my exercise short or risk skipping it all together. Of course going at lunch has its own set of problems. I started coming into work at least 1/2 hour earlier because my lunch time is now an hour and I used to only get 1/2 hour. It is easy to get up earlier since the sun is coming up earl er now. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up when winter comes again.

They have a little "Smart Key" that you put into each piece of equipment and it tracks your workout. Then you can plug it into their computer and view the results of your last 10 workouts. It shows things like how many calories you burn, what spots on your body need more work, how well you do on each piece of equipment, etc. My results show that I've been progressing everyday.

Another feature of the "Smart Key" is it increases your "goals" as you progress. You get so many points as you workout. It increases the number of points you should get so it challenges you to do more streneous workouts. There is a little pad on each piece of equpment that shows how many reps you do and the energy level you are exerting. Some even calculate your heart rate. When you first start out it doesn't require a huge amount of energy to get the point credits. As you progress it starts requiring more energy go get credit. That way it increases your workout as you progress. Its really pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really great Ma. It's like having a personal trainer to help you keep increasing your workout as you get stronger. I'm so glad you like it and you're feeling positive benefits. Exercise is such a huge thing to do for yourself. Keep up the good work, you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete