Wednesday, February 19, 2014

MyLiege Elite Wilcox Hawkins

It was a cold day on February 18, 1977 when MyLiege Elite Wilcox entered the world with a healthy set of lungs, a full head of dark fuzz, red skin and black eyes!  She was so different than her two older brothers.  Also compared to her brothers she was skinny at barely 7 lbs compared to their 9 plus pounds at birth.

Back then we didn't get to find out what we were having, but I KNEW she was going to be a girl.  I don't think we even picked out a boy name.  For one thing I had different vibes in my body throughout the pregnancy.  I would break things, not by dropping them, but by just holding them.  I pulled a casserole out of the oven and the Pyrex dish shattered in my hands.  I picked up a frying pan and the handle shirred right off.  Glasses would break in my hands, too.  It was really weird.  I did the same thing when I was pregnant with Sierra so I knew she was a girl too.

MyLiege was HOPED for by Grandma Locken.  After she had 4 boys and only 1 girl (me), and then had only grandsons (5) she really wanted a little girl.  She was so thrilled when MyLiege was born.  Of course we all were thrilled when she was born.  Both of her brothers were very excited to have a little sister.  However, I really had to keep my eyes on Season, because he wanted to hold her and carry her around all the time and he wasn't even 2 yet.

She immediately lived up to her name meaning of "Elite and Royal Princess" and became the center of the universe.  We moved back to California shortly after she was born and Grandma and Grandpa Locken went right to work spoiling her.  Grandma Locken worked with a lady who had a baby girl just a few months older than MyLiege.  They were an older couple and were't going to have anymore children.  They bought tons of cloths for their little girl and then gave Grandma Locken bags full of clothes almost every week.  Some of the clothes had never been worn because they still had the tags on them.  Needless to say, MyLiege was the best dressed baby around.  They only draw back to having all those beautiful clothes was I didn't feel the need to sew anything for her for the longest time.  I don't think I made her a dress until after Sierra was born.

MyLiege has always been a very creative child.  She has a wonderful imagination and always kept us very entertained.  She had the opportunity to be in many plays starting with "The Safety Kids" in Primary and continuing on in Middle School and of course High School.  She also went into directing and had the opportunity to completely direct a play while in High School.  She continued in theater for several years after High School in various capacities such as assistant directing and costumes.  That part of her life moved to the back burner once she started having children.

She continues to share her wonderful talents in raising her children and serving in Church.  I am so amazed at all the wonderful projects that MyLiege does with her children.  They are always doing something creative and imaginative.  She is also a gifted writer and has shared many of her projects on her blog at http://smdstudio.blogspot.com/ so go check it out and see for yourself.

MyLiege is such a blessing to us and to all who know her.  She has a wonderful husband, Sean, and four (soon to be five) beautiful children, Djeryd (14), Erik (10), Anna (almost 8) and Alyx (almost 4).  She is due with number 5 (Elisabeth) in just a few weeks.

We are so glad that MyLiege decided to join our family.  We LOVE you!

No comments:

Post a Comment