Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seminary

I am Loving it!  I am also tired; because, I haven't quite got the hang of getting to bed EARLIER yet.  I have a GREAT group of kids and we have wonderful discussions.

This year we are studying Doctrine and Covenants and Church History.  I am so glad we went on the Church History tour a few years ago.  It has truly helped me with my testimony of the Doctrine and Covenants and the mission of Joseph Smith.   

One of the things I love about teaching is how much more I learn.  I have been in a spiritual vacuum for a few years now, because I have not been studying like I should.  I am now absorbing everything like a sponge. 

I am also amazed at how strong the spirit is in our classroom.  I know the Spirit is truly the one teaching the class.  So many times things come to my mind during class that I share that is exactly what they need to hear.  I don't always think of those things when I prepare so I know the Spirit is directing the lessons. 

Have I said how much I LOVE seminary?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you FINALLY got the calling you've been waiting for for all these years. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it's everything and MORE than you were expecting. You AND the students are going to have an amazing year together. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are enjoying things. It can be hard to wake up and go to bed early, but you and Daddy can get on the same schedule and still have time together. Getting up early has it's advantages. By 8 a.m. you feel like you've already conquered a mountain!

    ReplyDelete