Monday, November 16, 2009

Grandchildren

I love the saying that says "If I'd had known having grandchildren were so much fun I'd have had them first." That isn't to say I didn't enjoy my children, but it does reflect on what a different person I am with my grandchildren. That patience I used to pray so hard for when my children were small I seem to have in more abundance now with my small grandchildren. Of course that isn't to say I don't still get frustrated with them, but it usually takes a lot more to get to me now.

I love all the side benefits of grandchildren. I get to love and adore them without having to be the bad guy....at least not very often. They generally love to visit Grandma and we love to have them visit us.

On Friday and Saturday we had a delightful time with Douhet's four beautiful daughters. On Saturday morning I spent some one on one time with his oldest. Laila is our oldest grandchild. She wanted to set up a blog of her own so we created her very own blog. It is called "Imagination is Everything". You can view by clicking on her blog under blogs that I follow. I hope you will check it out and give her some encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment